- 2 lean bacon rashers
- 100g fresh or frozen pea
- 1 large avocado, cut into small chunks
- 100g roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 celery heart, stalks removed, thinly sliced, leaves reserved
- 2 tsp chopped tarragon
- 5 spring onion, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of sugar
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat until very hot. Add the bacon and cook until golden and crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper until it’s crisp enough to crumble easily.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients with a pinch of sea salt in a bowl. Blanch the peas in boiling salted water for 30 secs. Drain, running under cold water for a few mins, and set aside.
- Put the avocado, chicken, celery slices and leaves, tarragon, spring onions, peas, and bacon in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and gently toss to combine.