- 350g (12oz) cooked lean beef *
- 45ml (3 tbsp) clear honey
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 90ml (6 tbsp) orange juice
- 2 oranges, grated rind and segmented
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 heads of chicory, separated
- Lettuce leaves
- 50g (2oz) hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
*Either use cooked slices from the deli counter, cooked beef left from a joint or grill a steak, sirloin or popeseye (rump) and cut into thin slices.
- Place the honey, ginger, orange juice and rind in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 5minutes, stirring occasionally until reduced.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into a salad bowl, pour over warm dressing and toss gently.