- 300g (10.5oz) cooked lean Scotch roast lamb, shredded or cut into fine strips
- 6 red chillies, finely sliced
- 100 g (3.5oz) caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 soft tortillas
- Assorted salad leaves
- Half cucumber, thinly sliced
- Place the chillies, sugar, lime juice and 4 tbsp cold water in a small saucepan. Gently cook, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cumin seed and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick and jam like. Leave to cool.
- Place the tortillas on a board and evenly scatter on the salad leaves and sliced cucumber. Top with the lamb.
- Spoon the chilli relish over the lamb, roll up the tortillas and wrap in a napkin.
- Make the chilli jam ahead and store in a container in the fridge. These tortillas taste good filled with cooked pork and beef too and bulk out with avocado and spring onions...
A light lunch that will hit the spot! Make the chilli jam ahead if preferred and cool the whole experience down with a dollop of yoghurt.