- 1/2 tablesppon butter
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved in salt and pepper
- a large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2 thick slices of York Ham
- dried chili flakes (if you like heat)
- Preheat your grill to maximum
- HEat the butter in a frying pan over a meduim to high heat. When hot and bubbling, chick in the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Fry the ingrediants for 2 minutes, stirring every now and then - it's nice to let the mushrooms colour a little. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach to the pan and toos with the mushrooms and tomatoes until wilted. Reduce the heat to mneduim to low, arrange the ingreediants into a poile and move them to one side of the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the other side of the pan and let them fry on the base for 1 minute.
- When you are happy the eggs have cooked on the bottom, slid the whole pan under the grill and cook for about 1-2 minutes depending on how well cooked you like your eggs.
- When ready to eat, place you ham slices onto a plate with the miushroom and egg mix - sprinkle artisically with a few chilli flakes to give your day a proper kick-start!
This breakfast is high in protein and healthy fats and is great for your body first thing. Head over to a proper deli counter (like ours!) for some real meats - not that rubbish in the supermarkets.
Adapted from Lean in 15 - The Shape Plan, p35.
Original recipe by Joe Wicks, The Body Coach.