- 2 Scotch Lamb gigot (leg) steaks
- salt and pepper
For the salad
- 2 large tomatoes cut into ckunks
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 50g kalamata olives
- 50g feta cheese, broken into small pieces
- leaves from 2 sprigs oregano, roughly torn
- black pepper and olive oil to dress
- Mix together all the salad ingredients except the oil.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan to medium/hot. Lightly season both steaks and place them on
- the hot pan at a diagonal to the stripes for 2 to 3 minutes then turn 90 degrees to achieve a criss-cross pattern. Turn and cook the other sides in the same way, 2-3 minutes, then a further 2-3 minutes or until the lamb is cooked to your liking. (Remove the steaks to a warm oven for 5-10 minutes if you prefer the lamb to be well done.)
Dress the salad with a good extra virgin olive oil and serve with the gigot steaks and warm crusty bread.