- 200g Specially Selected Pork fillet
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1/2 orange
- Juice of half a lime
- A little olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 ripe but firm plums, cut in half, stones removed
- 1 spring onion, finely shredded
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 C/ 140 C fan/ gas mark 3
- Melt the honey, orange zest and juice in a small saucepan over moderate heat and simmer till syrupy, adding the lime juice a few seconds before removing the pan from the heat. Set aside.
- Heat a non- stick pan or griddle pan. Slice the pork into 6 even-sized pieces, only brush with the olive oil if your pan is non-stick, season with salt and pepper. Sear in the hot pan for 3 minutes on each side until well browned, then turn onto their round sides to brown for a minute or two, turning to finish the searing. Transfer to a warm serving dish in the oven, while you cook the plums.
- Brush the plums with a little of the honey syrup then fry (on a lower heat than the pork), cut side down for 3 minutes, then turn to cook for 2 or 3 minutes more. Splash a little water in the pan if the plums are cooking too quickly, you want them to be soft and juicy, not burned. Transfer to the dish with the pork and keep warm while you warm the honey sauce and cook the broccoli.
- Divide the pork and plums between two warm plates, spoon over a little of the sauce, sprinkle with some of the shredded spring onion and serve with the broccoli.
To serve, lightly cooked broccoli
Kcals – 261
Fat – 8
Protein - 25
Sugar - 20
Carb – 23.5