- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 300g sirloin steak, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into 6 thin wedges
- 3 chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 large handfuls of spinach leaves
- 2 thich slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 thick slice of mature cheddar
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced - remove the seeds if you don't want it too hot
- 6 jarred jalapeno slices - more if you want it hotter
- Ensure the steak is at room temperature
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper before laying gently into the pan. Fry the steak on each side for 2 minutes, them remove and let it rest on a plate.
- Reduce the heat to meduim to high and add the onion and mushrooms. Stiry-fry the ingrediants for 2 minutes until softened. Mix in the spinach and let it wilt.
- Take the pan off the heat and oush the veg toi one side. Lay the steak back on the pan and pile the veg on top. Place the cheese slices over the veg, put the pan back on the hob and put a lid on the pan. (if you dn't have a lid, just cover it with a plate)
- Cook the steak like this for a further minute, by which time the cheese will have melted. Slide the steak from the pan onto a plate, scatter with chilli and jalapeno slices and serve with the remaining spinach leaves.
Adapted from Lean in 15, The Shape Plan p42
Original recipe by Joe Wicks, The Body Coach.