- 4 x 200g Specially Selected Pork chops, trimmed of excess fat, or 4 boneless Specially Selected Pork loin steaks
- leaves from 2 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- a little olive oil or butter
- 12 tbsp Ginger wine
- 200 ml water or stock
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 4 tbsp cream or half fat creme fraiche (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- leafy salad and warm crusty bread to serve
- Sprinkle the chops with the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until nice and hot then add a teaspoon of oil or a knob of butter. Fry the chops for 6 or 7 minutes on each side until well browned. Remove the chops to a warm serving dish in a moderate oven while you make the sauce.
- Reduce the heat then pour in the ginger wine, let it bubble for a few seconds then add the water or stock and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the mustard, cream (if using) and parsley. After 1 minute more remove from the heat.
- Check that the chops are thoroughly cooked (those with the bone in will take a little longer than the loin steaks), if not quite done you can return them to the pan with the sauce and simmer gently for a few minutes more.
Serve the chops with plenty of sauce spooned over and crusty bread to mop up the juices.