- 450g (1lb) S Collins & Son Lean minced pork
- 3 Rashers lean dry cured bacon
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Courgette, sliced
- 400g (1) Can chopped tomatoes
- 30mlsp (2tbsp) Tomato or sun-dried tomato purée
- 8 Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Fresh basil, for garnish
Place 450g (1lb) lean minced pork, 3 rashers lean dry cured bacon, chopped, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, and 1 onion, finely chopped, in a non-stick saucepan over a low heat and cook until some juices run out.
Increase the heat and cook the meat for 4-6 minutes or until browned. If you do not have a non-stick saucepan use 5ml (1tsp) oil.
Add 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped, and 1 courgette, sliced, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes, 30ml (2tbsp) tomato or sun-dried tomato purée, 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, and bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 25 minutes.
Serve with fresh spaghetti, Parmesan shavings and fresh basil, roughly torn and a mixed green salad, drizzled with your favorite dressing.
To make dish child-friendly, take out the basil and sun-dried tomatoes and add canned sweetcorn.