- 1 x 2kg/4lb 8oz S Collins & Son salmon, filleted to give two sides, skin on
- 1 lemon, sliced
- good handful mixed herbs such as parsley, dill, chervil or tarragon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 shallots, thinly sliced
- splash white wine
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Sit one of the salmon fillets, skin-side down, on a large sheet of foil or baking parchment. Scatter with the lemon slices, herbs, shallots and seasoning, then sit the second fillet on top – skin-side up. Tie in 2-3 places with string to secure, splash with wine and fold up the foil or paper to seal. Can be chilled for up to 3 hrs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 50 mins-1 hr until the salmon is cooked through – check by poking a knife into the fillets and making sure the flesh flakes easily. Serve in foil or paper on a serving plate, or carefully lift out using a couple of fish slices. Slice into portions and serve with the Lemon & chive mayonnaise and New potatoes 'Lyonnaise',