- 100g/ 4oz Puy lentils
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 300ml/ ½ pint vegetable stock
- 1 rounded tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- zest ½ lemon
- 2 x 100g/4oz smoked haddock fillets
- 50g/ 2oz baby spinach leaves
- Tip the lentils into a pan with the onion, carrot and celery. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Give it a stir, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 mins, until the lentils are tender.
- Mix together the crème fraîche, half the dill and the lemon zest, adding a little seasoning. Put the fish in a shallow dish with a splash of water and cover with cling film. Microwave on Medium for 4-6 mins until the fish flakes easily.
- When the lentils are cooked, stir in the spinach until the leaves are barely wilted, then stir in the crème fraîche mixture. Divide between 2 warmed plates and top with the haddock. Scatter over the remaining dill and serve.