4 tsp clear honey
4 tsp soy sauce
450g/1 lb S Collins & Son chicken thighs
150g/5oz brown rice
½ tsp coconut oil
1 tsp black sesame seeds
handful fresh coriander leaves
1 tsp pumpkin seeds, chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 heads of bok choi, halved
- In a bowl, mix together the honey and soy sauce. Add the chicken thighs and mix until completely coated in the marinade.
- Place the coated chicken thighs into a cold, deep, heavy-based saucepan. Place the pan onto a medium heat and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the honey and soy coating has thickened to a glossy glaze.
- Meanwhile, add the rice, 300ml/10½fl oz water and salt to a separate pan and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer the rice, covered, until tender (about 30 minutes).
- For the bok choi, heat the sesame and rapeseed oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bok choi and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the leaves have wilted.
- When the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork, then stir through the coconut oil, sesame seeds and coriander. Sprinkle over the chopped pumpkin seeds.
- To serve, spoon the rice onto serving plates and top with the soy and honey chicken. Place the bok choi alongside.