- 1 tbsp healthy cooking oil
- large piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 500g S Collins & Son minced chicken, turkey or pork
- 85g light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice 1 lime
- 2 lime leaf, finely shredded
- mix of iceberg lettuce, Little Gem and cos leaves
- large handful mint and coriander leaves, very roughly chopped
- handful toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, finely sliced into rings
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the ginger, garlic and chillies for 1 min. Add the mince, then cook on a high heat until golden brown, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you go. Sprinkle over the brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and shredded lime leaves, then cook everything down until sticky.
- Tip the mince into a serving bowl, then serve with a bowl of lettuce leaves for wrapping the mince in; the herbs, shallots and peanuts for scattering over; and the lime wedges for squeezing.