- 1 large steak, such as sirloin, rib-eye or rump
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 ciabatta bread roll, halved
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- handful watercress
- 50g Stilton
- splash balsamic vinegar
- Heat a griddle pan. Rub the steak with the olive oil, season, then cook for 2-4 mins on each side or until done to your liking. Put the steak on a plate to rest.
- Put the roll halves cut-side down in the pan for 2 mins to soak up the meat juices and toast until golden brown. Spread the toasted side with the mustard and pile the watercress on top.
- Cut the steak in half, sit on top of the watercress, then crumble over the Stilton. Drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar, tip over any steak resting juices and serve.