- 400g pack sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder (use mild or hot, whichever you prefer)
- 4 large hot dog rolls or 8 small ones
- 140g cheddar
- potato wedges, to serve (optional)
- Remove the sausages from their skins and break up into small pieces. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and sausages until the onion has softened and the sausages are golden. Stir in the garlic, then cook for 1 min before adding the tomatoes, tomato purée, kidney beans and chilli powder. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 mins until thickened.
- Split the rolls down the middle and toast the cut sides on a griddle pan. Spoon the hot sausage chilli into the rolls and finish with the cheese. Serve with potato wedges, if you like.