Click & Collect, Local and National Delivery
We offer local and national deliveries, our local deliveries are carried out by our own refrigerated van and national deliveries are by overnight courier.
Click & Collect
We are pleased to operate for your convenience a Click & Collect service.
Place your order online and you can select a date and time slot for your collection, within the next 28 days.
When you’re collecting, come into the shop and go straight to the dedicated Collection Point to collect your order – or give us a call on 0141 779 2028 when you are outside and we will bring your order to your car.
|Order online before 10AM||Earliest Collection|
|Monday – Friday||Same Day 2pm – 6pm|
|Saturday||Same Day 2pm – 4pm|
For all other collections, you can choose to collect between 7am – 10am; 10am – 2pm and 2pm – 6pm (4pm on Saturdays).
Click & Collect – Late Opening
Whilst our shop closes at 5pm weekdays and 3pm on Saturdays, we are able to offer an extended Click & Collect window, staying open one hour longer.
Local delivery† is FREE for all orders over £30. For orders under £30, there is a small £3.99 charge. All our local deliveries are carried out by our friendly driver in our very own refrigerated vans.
|Order online before 5pm||Earliest Delivery|
|Monday – Friday||Next Day 12pm-6pm|
You will also be able to select other days and time slots to have your order delivered, up to 28 days in advance.
Deliveries are usually carried out in the afternoons and we aim to deliver every order in the date and time slot they have selected. Sometimes, for operational reasons, we may have to deliver at an alternative time – but we’d contact you if that was ever the case.
†Local Delivery Eligibility
The following postcodes are eligible for local delivery:
G21*, G32*, G33*, G34*, G64-G69*, G71*, ML3*, ML5*, ML6*
Shop & Drop
Spend £30 or more at our Muirhead Shop and we’ll deliver your order for free locally the following day†.
This service is ideal if you:
- Are placing an order on behalf of a relative
- Have somewhere to go and you don’t want to carry your order with you
- Feel your order is too heavy for you to carry home
Whatever the reason we’re here to help. We aim to deliver all orders as a ‘next day delivery’, so come on… you shop and we’ll drop!
†Shop & Drop Delivery Eligibility
£30 minimum spend, Monday-Friday for Tuesday-Saturday delivery to the local areas of:
G21*, G32*, G33*, G34*, G64-G69*, G71*, ML3*, ML5*, ML6*
Our national delivery gives you next-day delivery to anywhere on the UK mainland. Orders must be received by 11am for delivery the next working day. See the table below for earliest delivery times.
Spend over £79 online and your delivery is free! For anything under £79, a delivery charge of £10 will be added.
Your order will be delivered between 7.30am and 7.30pm on the date you choose and you’ll receive full tracking information and a 1-hour timeslot on the day of delivery. We will also ask the driver to leave it somewhere safe if you’re out.
If you have any specific delivery details or instructions for the driver (such as a neighbour’s address, or a safe place to leave your box), let us know in the Order Notes box, in the checkout.
You can also arrange delivery to your workplace, or to a neighbour or friend if it’s more convenient, at no extra charge. Just select “Deliver to a different address” in the checkout.
Saturday and Sunday delivery is available with a surcharge of £6.
Please note that delivery dates may be affected by public and bank holidays.
You can always see the next available delivery date on our delivery date calendar at checkout, but if you are in any doubt, please feel free to call us on 0141 779 2028 and we’ll answer any queries you might have.
Orders are dispatched by overnight courier and delivered the following day between 7.30am – 7.30pm on your chosen date.
|Order online before 11Am||Earliest Delivery|
|Anytime Friday*, Saturday* & Sunday
*Orders on Friday and Saturday can upgrade to weekend delivery
You will also be able to select other days to have your order delivered, up to 28 days in advance.
Unfortunately we are unable to deliver to the following destinations due to courier restrictions –
- Scottish Islands
- Northern Ireland
- Isle of Man
- Shetland Islands
- Orkney Islands
- Channel Islands
However for some areas we may be able to accommodate your order, so please get in touch and we will try our best to get it to you.
Packed With Award Winning Care
We put a great deal of care and attention into making sure our products are perfect, so we’ve put just as much effort into making sure it is delivered to you in perfect condition. We want your order to reach you in the same condition you would get it if you walked into our own award winning shop and bought it in person… even if you live at the other end of the country.
We pack all our products in wax paper or in sealed trays to ensure maximum freshness and then your meat is packed in a thick-walled recyclable cool box and surrounded by ice packs to keep your order at the optimum temperature during transit.
Meat Storage Guidelines
We always want to make sure that you get the best from your meat, whether freezing or storing within the fridge. Follow our handy tips guide to be certain you’re storing your meat correctly and safely before it’s cooked.
All of your meat should be refrigerated immediately on delivery & used within 3 days of delivery but no matter what cut be sure to always follow these base tips:
- Unless vacuum-packed, when you get your meat home take it out of the bag and wrapping. If left inside the meat will sweat, meaning that bacteria growth is much easier.
- Place the meat on a plate, uncovered, at the bottom of the fridge. If your products are vacuum-packed then leave them within the packaging in the same place. Not only does this help the air ventilate around the raw meat, but you’ll find that the bottom of the fridge is the coldest place. If you’re running out of space, a Tupperware container with the lid on is the next best thing.
- Keep meat, particularly chicken, away from any other food. It’s best to give yourself a whole shelf in the fridge just to store raw meat.
- Don’t overfill your fridge, as this can lead to inconsistent temperatures.
- If you’re going to freeze the meat, do it on the day of purchase. Most of our products are suitable for home freezing – individual product suitability & details are available on the website
- If your cuts are vacuum packed, do not open them – this is an ideal condition for freezing. If the meat is in butcher’s paper, remove all packaging, pat the meat dry and place each cut separately within a bag with as little air as possible. Use within 3 months
- To defrost, remove the meat from the freezer 24 hours before use, and take out, placing in the coldest part of your kitchen 1-2 hours before use.