- 750g / 1lb 10oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons korma curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons seedless raisins
- 350ml / 12 fl oz chicken stock, warmed
- 30g / 1oz flaked almonds
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- Salt and black pepper
Fry the onion and garlic gently in the oil in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
Mix the flour and curry powder in a large bowl.
Cut the chicken into 2.5cm /1 inch cubes and toss them in the powder mixture until evenly coated. (we can cut the chicken for you if you wish!)
Add the coated chicken to the pan and fry and stir for about 3 minutes.
Add the coriander to the chicken with the raisins and stock. Bring to the boil, stirring.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan.
When the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the almonds, lemon juice, yoghurt and cream.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Reheat very gently, but do not allow it to boil!
Garnish with the reserved coriander and serve with rice.
People love korma for its rich, creamy texture and while it is considered a type of curry, it is very mild.