- 450g/1lb S.Collins & Son Lean Steak Mince
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small courgette, coarsely grated
- For the Garlic Butter:
- 75g/3oz salted butter, slightly softened
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or chives
- To prepare the garlic butter; in a small bowl mix together all the ingredients.
- Mould the butter into a cylinder shape, the diameter of a two pence coin. Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 2 hours.
- In a large bowl mix the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 8x9cm/3½inch burgers.Cut the butter into 4 x 1cm/½inch thick discs. Place a disc in the centre of each burger. Position the remaining burgers on top and continue to mould into a burger shape so that the butter discs are hidden in the centre. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in a bun or with flatbreads, a crisp green salad and a selection of relishes.
Freeze any remaining garlic butter for up to two months and use as a flavoured butter on lamb or beef steaks or joints!
Original Recipe: The Q Guild