- 225g/8oz lean lamb or beef mince
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 5-10ml/1-2tsp garlic salt or granules (available at most supermarkets)
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 plain mini naan breads
- 60ml/4tbsp tomato purée or passata
- ½ x 280g jar prepared roasted peppers, drained and sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 x 125g tub mini mozzarella cheese balls, or any stringy cheese of your choice, torn
- 20ml/4tsp olive oil
- Small basil leaves, to garnish
In a large bowl mix together the mince, seasoning, herbs and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into 16 small meatballs, roughly the size of a walnut.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the meatballs for 3-4 minutes on both sides until brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C/400°F.
Place the naan breads on a baking sheet and spread each one with 15ml/1tbsp tomato purée. Top with the roasted peppers, meatballs and cheese. Drizzle over the olive oil.
Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the base is crispy and the cheese has melted.
Garnish with the basil leaves and serve immediately with a crisp salad.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Great fun to make with the kids! Why not experiment with your favourite toppings!