- 600ml milk
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 slices onions
- 6 black peppercorns
- 600g S Collins & Son smoked haddock fillet
- 8 eggs
- 25g soft butter
- 100ml double cream
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- salad and lots of buttered toast, to serve
- Mix the milk with 600ml water, the bay leaves, onion and peppercorns in a large shallow pan and bring to the boil. Add the smoked haddock, lower the heat so the liquid is just gently simmering, and poach for about 4-5 mins, or until the fish is just cooked and flakes. Lift the fish out and onto a plate, and when cool enough to handle, break into large flakes, discarding any skin and bones.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Grease 2 x 4-hole Yorkshire pudding trays with the butter. Divide the eggs between each of the 8 holes and scatter each with the fish. Bake for 10-12 mins – they will be slightly un-set in the middle but will finish cooking under the grill.
- Heat the grill to high. Mix together the cream and Parmesan, spoon a little onto each omelette then grill until golden. Slide onto plates and serve sprinkled with chives, with salad and buttered toast alongside.